Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 137

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking now)

  1. #91
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Well Veronica, Valentines Day IS rapidly approaching and if things go as previously reported,
    Beauty's Only Skin Deep should be released around that time!
    I haven't heard anything yet but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be letting you know at the very instant that I do!
    Right after I catch my breath, that is! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #92
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey, did anyone catch that Super Bowl
    halftime show?
    Paul sounded better than he has in years
    and opening with a really tight version of
    'Drive My Car' was way cool. //oo\\
    <marquee> [img]graemlins/car.gif[/img] beep beep mm beep beep yeah!!</marquee>
    'Get Back' is always a favorite too and his lead player did an almost perfect (note for note) copy of John Lennon's lead! //oo//
    'Live And Let Die' was never one of my favorite Wings songs but Paul seems to love doing it! //--\\
    And 'Hey Jude' always brings down the house!\\oo//

    No doubt, a splendid time was had by all and without a single wardrobe malfunction!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ February 08, 2005 12:56 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

  3. #93
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Who was it that caught you falling
    and put you back on your feet
    and who was it that tripped you any way
    in order that the two of us could meet
    It was me and I'll tell you why
    I did it because of my
    pure unabashed devotion to loving you!

    Hurricane Smith is on the turntable even as we speek!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #94
    Inactive Member CCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    511
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That half time show was awesome!
    They made a fabulous choice having him there.
    Glad it wasn't Janet!

  5. #95
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree 300% CCfan! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

    Yesterday I dropped by Bookman's and found
    Julian Lennon's Photograph Smile!
    A great cure for insomnia, this '99 pedestrian effort did have
    a couple nice songs on it but for the most part it put me to sleep. //--\\

    While looking through the bargain LPs I found
    Michael Des Barres 1980 self titled album for 50 cents. I'm fixing to
    play it now and hopefully it will wake me up!
    Runaways/Blondie fans take note. Nigel Harrison plays bass and co-wrote 5 of these songs!!!

    Well...here goes! I'll let you know!
    [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #96
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I am now WIDE AWAKE from listening to the Michael Des Barres lp. It's excellent and for only 50 cents! Such good fortune, I must say!

    Actually, that album just wetted my appetite and now I'm listening to the Chequered Past lp from 1984 with an all-star line-up:
    Michael Des Barres, Nigel Harrison, Clem Burke, Steve Jones and Tony Fox Sales!
    And with Lawrence Juber (Wings) helping out with some acoustic guitars!

    Rock 'n' Roll!!!!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #97
    Inactive Member erict226's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2005
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Never heard the Chequered Past album, but I saw them live a couple of times. I believe I saw them at "the Music Machine" and "Club Lingerie" back in the olden days. I did like Steve Jonse's "Professionals" album though.

    Last night I went to a screening of "Let It Be" at the Silent Movie theater on Fairfax. I think its coming out on dvd this year. I forgot how good those guys were even when they were clowning around. The roof top concert is still killer. [img]cool.gif[/img]
    ET

  8. #98
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hola El Toro!
    Actually I liked Michael's solo album better than the Chequered Past album. Don't get me wrong though, I do like CP.
    It's cool you got to see them. I'll bet it was quite the performance!

    Let It Be in the theater would be fun! It's amazing watching the Beatles in the studio together. I'll have to see about getting that DVD!
    Adios!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #99
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    The Rusty Brothers...Live in the Old Pueblo 2002!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    <center> [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus</center>

  10. #100
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sounds pretty interesting Gus, The Rusty Brothers. Have you got the 411 on them. Are they the singer/songwriter types?
    Just wanting to add any info to my Data-base.

    RoGEr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic